Biggi Hilmars is an Icelandic composer, singer/songwriter, who has developed a distinctive, haunting, provocative, original music style, blending classical, electronic, ambient, avant-garde and pop influences. As well as being a multi-instrumentalist, his distinctive voice soars and glides effortlessly in and out of his songs that are beautifully orchestrated with piano, strings and mesmerizing guitar soundscapes.
Living and working between London, Paris, New York, Los Angeles and Reykjavik, Biggi is becoming one of the most in-demand music composers of his generation for film, movie trailers, commercials and television.
Recent commissions include the BBC feature documentary film ʻMy Brother the Ark Raiderʼ by Jonathan Carr, Ridley Scott’s/Kevin Macdonald’s ‘How I Live Now’ movie trailer, a commercial for Mercedes Benz and the creation of an original score for the Iceland Dance Company’s piece Timar/Episodes by the renowned choreographer Helena Jonsdottir.
Recent compositional work include:
FILM, TV & TRAILERS
• My Brother the Ark Raider (BBC, feature documentary film 2013)
• Brash Young Turks (Transient Film Exhange, full feature film 2013)
• Christmas in a Day (RidScott Associates, Ridley Scott, movie trailer 2013)
• Life in A Day (A Scott Free Production, Ridley Scott, movie trailer 2011)
• Head & Shoulders (Ad feat. Evgeni Malkin for Sochi Winter Olympics 2014)
• StarSat (Ad campaign, South Africa 2014)
• Mercedes Benz S-Class (Ad, DVD, USA 2014)
• Canadian Tire (Ad Campaign, Canada/USA 2012)
• Vodafone (Ad Campaign, Romania 2012)
• Chevrolet (Car Exhibition, USA 2011)
• Motorola Xoom Android Tablet (Super Bowl Ad Campaign, USA 2011)
• Timar (Episodes) (Icelandic Dance Company, dance piece 2013)
• Tamam Shud (Kopavogur Theatre Co., Iceland 2013)
• Skápur nr. 7 (Vinnslan Theatre Group, Reykjavik 2012)